Data Infrastructure Engineer
*** We offer flexible and full remote work over Europe.
We are not ready yet to work with people outside EU but will keep you posted on that ;) ***
By joining the Data Infrastructure Team you will build the distributed components, systems and tools that power all the decisions at Heetch.
Our millions of rides create an incredibly rich dataset that needs to be transformed, exposed and analyzed in order to improve the various products Heetch is made of.
As a member of the team you will design and grow our existing infrastructure, while democratizing data access in the company by promoting its correct use for analytics and machine learning purposes.
You'll lead the Data Infrastructure Team at Heetch which is quite new and will have the opportunity to shape its direction and have a large impact.
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES
Move smart: we are data driven, and employ tools and best practices to ship code quickly and safely (continuous integration, code review, automated testing, etc).
Distribute knowledge: we want to scale our engineering team to a point where our contributions do not stop at the company code base. We believe in the Open Source culture and communication with the outside world.
Leave code better than you found it: because we constantly raise the bar.
Unity makes strength: moving people from A to B is not as easy as it sounds but, we always keep calm and support each other.
Always improve: we value personal progress and want you to look back proudly on what you’ve done.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will create and build a proper data infrastructure from scratch and tools so your stakeholders can leverage the mountain of data we generate :
Real-time streaming infrastructure: to allow our core services to work on accurate data with minimal delays.
Machine learning infrastructure: to enable our Data Science and Backend engineering teams to implement models on top of large datasets
BI infrastructure: to enable anyone in the company to have access to the right data.
Event Driven architecture: to enforce a communication paradigm on how data is published and consumed.
Big Data’s world is evolving fast so you’ll ensure our infrastructure’s sustainability, scalability and efficiency by updating constantly your knowledge.
You will boost our culture about data by sharing your knowledge to both your peers and engineers from other specialities.
This “list” is not exhaustive right? You’ll be the one to design the future of the role depending on choices you’ll propose.
- At least 3 years of experience in working with huge data sets.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Already designed and implemented robust distributed systems (Kafka, Akka, Spark Streaming, Storm, etc.)
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Proficiency in at least one of the languages: Scala, Python, Java.
- Expert level proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, HBase, MongoDb…), strong familiarity how they works internally.
- Ability to perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data.
- Rigor in test coverage, and other best practices.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Familiar with startups: you’re not afraid of wearing many different hats and know when corners shouldn’t or should be cut.
- Paid conference attendance/travel and periodic team meetups.
- Heetch credits.
- A Spotify subscription.
- Work from anywhere you want.