*** We offer flexible and full remote work over Europe.
We are not ready yet to work with people outside EU but will keep you posted on that ;) ***
Simply put, we aim at offering the most playful ridesharing experience for party-goers, and the most satisfying night out for drivers. Our app is the centerpiece of the whole service, where drivers are able to get ride requests, where passengers are able to request rides, and where everyone is able to get in touch with us directly at anytime.
We don’t want to see our users open up Heetch just because we can get them from point A to point B, we want them to open the app because they feel like it was specifically built for them. We want to build upon our core service everything that would make every ride enjoyable. Whether it’s helping them put the music passengers want to listen to, help drivers find the right spots to go to and the right ride, give recommandations about places passengers would want to go, and it’s all open for anyone to suggest.
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES
- Move smart: we are data driven, and employ tools and best practices to ship code quickly and safely (continuous integration, code review, automated testing, etc).
- Distribute knowledge: we want to scale our engineering team to a point where our contributions do not stop at the company code base. We believe in the Open Source culture and communication with the outside world.
- Leave code better than you found it: because we constantly raise the bar.
- Unity makes strength: moving people from A to B is not as easy as it sounds but, we always keep calm and support each other.
- Always improve: we value personal progress and want you to look back proudly on what you’ve done.
MOBILE AT HEETCH
Our app is one of the few mobile apps that run in the foreground for up to seven hours straight on drivers phones. This rather unique use case brings fun challenges with handling the lifecycle of the app.
- Network and GPS management: we need to provide accurate information and price suggestions to our community. This means making sure every driver gets important notifications in any network conditions, provide as accurate as possible GPS localisation for the pricing and tracking.
- UI & UX: Ride sharing apps are a really special case in app design. They all revolve around a map and the conventional navigation patterns like list view and navigation controls need heavy tweaking to make for a great user experience.
- One way data flow and functional pattern: we are passionate about software architecture. We’ve built the core of our apps using Rx and want to push this forward in both the data and the UI layers. Ideally, our team will grow big enough that we’ll be able to push forward what doing mobile programming means and we’ll contribute back to all those amazing open source projects we learned from.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build new exciting features.
Innovate, inspire the team with your vision and get inspired by theirs.
Solve challenging real-time synchronization problems.
Apply all the best practices you can think about (code review, unit testing, DI, etc).
Work hand in hand with product and design team <3
- Reactive programming with RxJava.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the Android SDK & application lifecycle.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
- Rigor in test coverage, and other best practices.
- Excited by tough technical challenges.
- You care about your team and are always ready to help.
- Always dreamed to play David against Goliath.
- The friendliest team you can dream of.
- Permanent contract (CDI) starting at 50K€.
- Paid conference attendance/travel and periodic team meetups.
- Heetch credits
- A Spotify subscription.
- Work from anywhere you want as long as [CET - 6] <= your timezone <= [CET + 6].